Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crest : Bulldozer/Lice/Pre-nup

It's been a while since I came up with something to show you guys, but I guess I was looking for something inspiring. And I think I found that. The question I'm asking you is, can we get away with giving bad news while having a smile on our face on? Could you look someone in the eyes and tell him he's dying while smiling at him, hoping he'll take it well. I think we're all looking to avoid guilt, but what if I told you the secret was brushing your teeth with Crest, giving the news and putting a pearly white smile on? Seriously, what if it was that easy ? Some serious brand image enhancement.

Come on, guys be honest. I bet there will be at least one of you, who'll try it out on his girlfriend tonight (laughs). "Honey, I'm dumping you (aaannnd smile)..". The commercial is the product of Saatchi & Saatchi New-York. In the "Bulldozer" plotline, we see a bunch of kids talking to a construction worker in a bulldozer about to demolish their playground. As he sees the mob of kids interrogating him he punctuates each answers with a smile. At some point the smile apparently convinces the kids that a power station would be a cool place to play in. The concept is very well supported by the acting which ultimately makes it a fun ad to watch.

Here's the link. I'll also give you the links of two alternate versions. First, where a guy annonces to his girlfriend that he gave her lice by bringing home a pillow from the streets. And second, a rich man surprises his fiance with a pre-nup and his lawyer. Like the copywriter says "you can say anything with a smile". Priceless.

No comments: